- 3-4 cups of chunked/shredded chicken (1 rotisserie or 3-4 breasts)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour (or 1 C all-purpose, 1 1/2 t baking powder, 1/4 t salt)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken stock/broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
Melt butter and pour into 9×13 baking dish. Spread chicken all across bottom of dish on top of the butter. In separate bowl, whisk together milk and flour. Pour batter over chicken, but DO NOT STIR. Next, whisk together broth and cream of chicken soup then pour over top of dish. Do not mix any of these layers. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 40-45 minutes or until top is golden brown, and middle has sort of “set”. Will thicken a little tiny bit as it sits.
This is a great one dish casserole type meal, that you can throw a coupe of veggies next to it and its complete. So yummy! Tomorrow I will show you how to roast your own chicken breasts to be able to shred and save in your fridge for multiple different recipes for the week. So easy, and super cheap if you catch them on a good sale.