…and that they were. Sloppy! I made this tonight, well I didn’t do much my slow cooker did. I threw in the ingredients this morning before work. Came home to dinner. Easy enough, right?
- 3-4 Boneless, chicken tenders
- 1 can Salsa Verde
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 2 cans Tomato Sauce (8 oz cans)
- Shredded cheese
- Place chicken in slow cooker. (I cooked threw mine in frozen, since I would be gone a little longer than the typically requested 8 hours.)
- Stir remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cook 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Shred meat and serve in tortilla shells with taco fixings.
I only used 2 large chicken breasts, since there is only 2 of us. However, the sauce was meant for 4 and I did not adjust the measurements. When working with the slow cooker, you really can’t mess with the liquids. At least I am not brave enough to. I’ve manage to create my share of crock pot disasters, I’m not looking to experience any repeats. SO, point being, if you are adjusting your chicken count, don’t adjust the liquids, just drain before you put on your tortilla.
These were good, husband approved. NEXT time we will try crunchy shells, just to add an extra element to the dish. There are no photos, my bad, but I mean really it is red shredded chicken how pretty can it be right?